For preparing the macaroon:
1 egg white
74g ALOSRA white sugar
42g ground almonds
5 drops of red food coloring
5 drops of purple food coloring
For preparing the filling :
40g powdered sugar
20g ground almonds
1 tbs strawberry jam
1 tbs cranberry jam
For preparing the Macaroon :
For preparing the filling:
- Put the powdered sugar and almond powder in an electronic mixer then sift the resulting mixture and get rid of solid parts.
- In a bowl, whip the egg white and sugar using a hand mixer.
- Add the sugar and almond mixture and blend them well
- Divide the dough into two halves, add the red food coloring to the first and the purple in the second.
- Put wax paper on the baking sheet. Heat the oven to 140 degrees celsius.
- Form small circles from the almond dough, put them on the wax paper and let them rest for 15 minutes.
- Put the baking sheet in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Pour a little bit of water in the bottom of the tray so ypu can remove the macaroons from it.
- Put the powdered sugar and almond powder in the electronic mixer then sift the resulting mixture and get rid of solid parts.
- Divide the powder into two parts.
- Add strawberry jam to the one half, and cranberry jam to the other.
- Spread the filling on the flat side of the macaroon, and use another piece, to close it like a sandwich.
- Repeat the last step until completing the whole amount of macaroons then present them.