For the dough:
1 1/2 cup
ALOSRA brown sugar
A dazzle of salt
For the filling:
liquid milk or one cup of milk
ALOSRA brown sugar as desired
For the top layer
Cherry jam for a glossy layer
- For the dough, sift the flour and set it aside.
- Put the butter and sugar in a bowl, beat it with the wired whisk until the mixture becomes creamy, add the eggs and vanilla and continue beating.
- Add in the flour mixture and knead until you have crumbly dough.
- Put the dough on a floured surface; knead it 4-5 times until you have smooth dough.
- Form the dough into small balls; spread them on tart molds to cover their bottom and sides. Put them in the refrigerator for approximately an hour, then form small holes in the dough using a small wooden stick.
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees. And fix the middle shelve.
- Put the molds on an oven tray and put it in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until they have a golden color, then leave the dough on a wire rack until it cools completely.
- Spread the filling in the tarts and add the cherries, with a small brush add cherry jam to get a glazy layer.
- For the filling, add the custard, milk and sugar in a pot and mix until the ingredients melt, put the ingredients over a low flame until you get a consistent cream
- Sieve the mixture in a deep bowl and let it cool, then add it to the tart.